Church News and Events for Sept. 15
September 15, 2017 - accent chair
- Ridgeway United Methodist Church’s Lord’s Acre Sale 2017 for Missions will be reason from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 16 during a church, 160 Church St., Ridgeway. Homemade baked and canned products will be for sale, along with crafts, uninformed furnish and plants. A nation breakfast and prohibited dog lunch will be accessible for purchase. Free blood vigour and sugarine screenings will be given.
Meals, sales and festivals
- Aiken Summit Wesleyan Church, 6625 Axton Road, will have a grill fundraiser and bake sale from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday in a brotherhood hall. The cost will be $5 per image for a grill sandwich, coleslaw, baked beans, drink, dessert and chips. Baked products and other equipment also will be offering for sale.
- Bassett Church of a Brethren’s Youth Fellowship will horde a multi-family yard sale and prohibited dog lunch from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Proceeds will be used to send a girl organisation to National Youth Conference in Colorado subsequent summer.
- Divine Faith Holiness Church, 1002 W. Fayette St., Martinsville, will have a fish grill starting during 10 a.m. Saturday. All sandwiches will cost $4.
- One Accord Baptist Church will have Friends, Family Neighbors’ Day starting during 1 p.m. Saturday. It will embody lunch, games and a rebound house.
- St. Joseph Catholic Church will have a Parish Fall Festival from 1-4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 24, with food, games and fellowship.
- The Session of Forest Hills Presbyterian Church has determined a harangue array in respect of James R. “Mac” McAllister, who was a member of Forest Hills for some-more than 35 years. His gifts to Forest Hills have done it probable to settle this harangue series, that is approaching to be of dual open lectures any fall. The initial array of lectures will take place currently by Sunday with Dr. Don Hudson, Chair of a Religion and Philosophy Department during King University in Bristol, Tennessee. The array will start with a cooking in a church brotherhood gymnasium during 6:30 p.m. today. The dish will cost $12 per person, paid during a door, though people who have not indifferent dishes by currently should call this morning during 632-5411 to see if it would be probable to haven a meal. The Symposium will reason Saturday morning in Common Ground, with registration during 9 a.m. and a harangue during 9:30 a.m. Reservations are not required, though requested, since a Common Ground has singular seating. It is approaching to finish during noon. Hudson also will pronounce during a 11 a.m. use on Sunday. Forest Hills is located during 725 Beechnut Lane, Martinsville.
Music and drama
- Kitson Memorial Baptist Church will have a strain use with a Joybells during 5 p.m. Saturday. Kitson is located during 2567 Original Henry Road.
- Antioch Baptist Church will have Men and Ladies Day during 3 p.m. Sunday. The Rev. Benjamin Redd of Shiloh Baptist Church of Fieldale will be a guest.
- Bible Way Greater Assurance Ministries, 155 Moses Moore Drive, Bassett, will applaud Bishop Randy and First Lady Daisy Martin’s 24th rural anniversary on Sunday. At 11:15 a.m., Pastor Joe Hairston Jr. and a choir and assemblage of New Covenant Ministries in Martinsville will describe service, and cooking will be served afterward. At 3 p.m., a guest orator will be a Rev. Dr. J. Roland Cohen Sr. of The Judah House of Worship in Danville, accompanied by Judah House’s choir and congregation.
- Christian View Missionary Baptist Church will have Minister Dion Noel priesthood during a 11:15 a.m. ceremony use Sunday.
- Divine Faith Holiness Church, 1002 W. Fayette St., Martinsville, will have a Nurse’s Service during 3 p.m. Sunday. Pastor Melton Roberson of Greater Tabernacle of Praise will speak.
- Evangelical Holiness Church, 735 A.L. Philpott Highway, Axton, will respect a musicians during a 11 a.m. ceremony use on Sunday.
- Fayette Street Christian Church, 420 W. Fayette St., will have a annual Family and Friends Day during 3 p.m. Sunday. The guest will be a Rev. Matthew Brown and assemblage of St. Paul High Street Baptist Church.
- First Baptist Church East Martinsville will have a Senior Missionary Service during 3 p.m. Sunday. The orator will be Cleo Preston of Pilgrim Missionary Baptist Church of Martinsville.
- First Galilee Missionary Baptist Church will reason a use during 3 p.m. Sunday with guest reverend a Rev. Rodney Dillard and a choir and assemblage of Zion Hill Missionary Baptist Church in Vigilinia. The use will advantage a building fund.
- First Presbyterian Church, Kings Mountain Road, will have a monthly gospel jam from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday in a brotherhood hall. It’s open to any meddlesome musicians and listeners.
- Fresh Harvest Christian Church (D.O.C.) will applaud a Rev. J. Leroy Wimbush’s 15th rural anniversary on Sunday. The Rev. Richard Spencer of Community Pentecostal Holiness Church in Ridgeway will pronounce during 11 a.m. Sunday. Lunch will follow during a Smith River Rescue Squad building, 9962 Woolwine Highway. The 3 p.m. use summary will be delivered by a Rev. Dr. Roger Hagwood, priest of First Christian Church (D.O.C.) of Stuart, accompanied by First Christian’s assemblage and choir.
- Mt. Nebo True Gospel Holiness Church in Patrick Spring’s adult choir will applaud a anniversary during 6:30 p.m. Saturday. The Clark Sisters will be a guests.
- Mt. Olivet Apostolic Church will have guest orator Minister Tim Harrison of Bethel Way of a Cross Church during 3 p.m. Sunday. The Missionary Department is in assign of a service.
- New Sharon Grove Baptist Church, 3593 Wyatt Farm Road, Axton, will observe a anniversary of A New Anointing during 6 p.m. Saturday. Different groups will sing.
- Reach Out Apostolic Tabernacle, 225 Brenda Drive, Axton, will continue a request discussion during 7 p.m. tonight with Pastor Jackie Poe; and 10 a.m. Saturday with Pastor Renea Glenn.
- Rives Road Baptist church will have a annual tumble reconstruction Tuesday by Thursday during 7 nightly. The Rev. Matthew Brown, priest of St. Paul High Street Baptist Church, will pronounce any night.
- Samaria Holiness Church, 2892 Salem Highway, Stuart, will have orator Elder Terrell Johnson and a choir from Collinsville during 3 p.m. Sunday.
- St. Paul High Street Baptist Church, 401 Fayette St., Martinsville, will have Friends Day during a 11 a.m. use on Sunday.
- Shiloh Baptist Church’s Male Chorus will applaud a anniversary during 6 p.m. Saturday. Various choirs will be guests.
- Smith River Missionary Baptist Association’s Deacon Deaconess Fellowship Ministry will not accommodate on Saturday. The subsequent assembly will be Dec. 16.
- Spirit-Led Temple, 780 Stony Mill School Road, Brosville, will applaud a anniversary of Pastor Drucilla Hairston during 5 p.m. Saturday with a low-pitched module featuring a Faithful Travelers, The Spiritual Wanderers, The Discliplaires and Evangelist Roxie Ann Broadnax and The New Directions. Elder Gerald Kidd will tighten out a anniversary during 11 a.m. Sunday.
- Tabernacle Baptist Church, 2480 Fairystone Park Highway, Bassett, will have guest Christ Atkinson vocalization on Sunday for Sunday propagandize during 10 a.m., priesthood during 11 a.m. and a dusk use during 6 p.m.; and on Wednesday during 7 p.m.
- Trinity Church of a Living God will applaud a 29th rural anniversary of Bishop Burgie L. Penn. At 7 tonight, Bishop J.H.E. Mitchell and a assemblage of Mount Calvary Apostolic Church of Rocky Mount will be a guests. At 6 p.m. Saturday, Pastor Angela Gill and a assemblage of Mount Olive New Anointed Faith Ministries will be guests. At 11:15 a.m. Sunday, Bishop Charles W. Millner and a assemblage of Gospel Temple True Churches of a Living God will describe a shutting service.
Revival and homecoming
- Antioch Christian Church, 555 Spencer-Preston Road, Martinsville, will have reconstruction during 7 nightly Monday by Wednesday with reverend a Rev. Byron Battle, priest of Little Bethlehem Christian Church in Eden. Homecoming will be reason on Sunday, Sept. 24. Junior Wimbush will evangelise during 11 a.m., and lunch will be served during 1:30 p.m. There will be no afternoon service.
- Community Fellow
- First Baptist Church East Martinsville will have reconstruction during 7:30 p.m. Monday by Wednesday with speakers: Monday, Sylvia Ball of Sweet Union Baptist Church in Roanoke; Tuesday, Dr. Kevin White of Covenant Fellowship Church in Chesapeake; and Wednesday, Dr. D. Tyrone Brandon of Little Zion Baptist Church in Carson.
- Granbery United Methodist Church will have a 128th homecoming and Walk of Faith during 11 a.m. Sunday. A covered-dish luncheon will follow a ceremony service. The orator will be a Rev. Tim Satterfield, with special singers Philip and Cecelia Pigg. Granbery is during 200 Granbery Road off Stoney Mountain Road.
- Greater Vision Holiness Church, 3201 Virginia Ave., Collinsville, will have reconstruction during 7 nightly Thursday and Friday, Sept. 22. The guest will be Bishop Earl Settlers of Greater Power Holiness Church in Eden, North Carolina.
- High Ridge Baptist Church will have reconstruction during 7 p.m. Tuesday by Thursday with guest orator a Rev. William “Bill” Lee of Roanoke. Different choirs will sing any night.
- Meadowview AME Church, 1201 Summit Road, Martinsville, will continue with reconstruction and homecoming by Sunday. The guest during 7 tonight will be a Rev. Benjamin Redd of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church in Fieldale. On Sunday during 3 p.m., a guest reverend for homecoming will be a Rev. Kevin Smith, priest of Mountain View Missionary Baptist Church in Martinsville.
- Mt. Sinai Church, 7 Peters St., Martinsville, will have homecoming and Family and Friends Day during a 11 a.m. service, and cooking will be served afterward.
- Mt. Zion A.M.E. Church will have a annual homecoming, reconstruction and candlelight use this week. Revival will be reason during 7 nightly Wednesday by Friday, Sept. 22. The orator will be a Rev. Carolyn Garnes of Mt. Olivet East Christian Church. A candlelight use will be reason during 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 23, with a Rev. Amy Christine Ziglar of Mt. Zion in Roanoke. Homecoming will be reason during 4 p.m. Sunday with a Rev. Reuben J. Boyd Jr. of Third Street Bethel in Richmond, accompanied by that church’s choir, assemblage and ushers.
- One Accord Baptist Church will have reconstruction Sunday by Friday, Sept. 22. Speakers will be: 10:50 a.m. Sunday, John Tinsley, priest of Friendship Baptist Church; 6:30 p.m. Sunday, Eric Ferguson, apportion and attorney; 7 p.m. Monday, Jimmy Scearce, One Accord minister; 7 p.m. Tuesday, Tony Lundy, priest of Axton Baptist Church; 7 p.m. Wednesday, J.D. Harmon, priest of Landmark Baptist Church; 7 p.m. Thursday, Eddie Hawks, priest of Woodlawn Baptist Church; and 7 p.m. Friday, Todd Barnes, priest of Mt. Carmel. At any use will be a regard team, song and nursery. The church is during 3680 Jack Dalton Park.
- New Hope Missionary Baptist Church of Patrick Springs will applaud a annual homecoming use during a unchanging 11:15 a.m. use on Sunday. The guest orator will be a Rev. Victor Foster of Ecclesia Outreach Ministries of Richlands, North Carolina. Lunch will be served afterward.
- New Light Baptist Church, 310 New Light Road, Martinsville, will applaud a 106th anniversary and homecoming during 3 p.m. Sunday. The guest will be Greater Triumph Baptist Church’s assemblage and Pastor Michael Ferrell of Chatham.
- Pleasant Hill Missionary Baptist Church will be in reconstruction Sunday by Wednesday. The orator during 3 p.m. Sunday will be Bishop Howard “Rusty” Smith III of Peaceful Zion Full Gospel Baptist Church of Martinsville. Weeknights during 7 p.m., a reverend will be Dr. Lovelle Maxwell Jr. of Mt. Gilead Full Gospel International Ministries in Richmond, and opposite choirs will sing any night.
- Pastor Zeke Zanatos leads a Bible investigate for seniors during 10 a.m. any Wednesday during a Martinsville Senior Center. For some-more information, call 403-5260.
- A mid-week Bible investigate is reason during a Broad Street Christian Church, 106 Broad St. in Martinsville. The assembly is reason during 2 p.m. any week and people are asked to enter a church by a drive-through nearby a church office.
- “A Study in a Word” Bible investigate takes place during 6:30 p.m. any Wednesday in a Hague Room during Quality Inn in Collinsville. The session, sponsored by God’s Love Outreach Ministry, is presented by Pastor Ronald Hairston and Robert Philpot. For some-more information, call 806-4290 or 224-9898.
- A women’s Bible investigate is reason during 10 a.m. any Thursday during a Martinsville bend of a Blue Ridge Regional Library. Faith Braziel leads a investigate for women of all denominations. For some-more information, call 956-2648 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Bible investigate category meets during 11 a.m. any Monday during a HJDB Event Center in Room 6.